Andddd we’re back! It’s been crickets over here because we just spent a glorious 10 days relaxing and getting in some beach time. I’d like to say I caught up on the stack of books I’ve been meaning to read but that would be a lie. I watched the waves, took long strolls on the beach and a bunch of naps instead and I definitely do not regret it. Time is a funny thing. The work weeks drag on but vacation week felt like it was over in the blink of an eye. Before the trip I made some Oreo truffles to bring along as a treat and I had a bunch of Oreo’s left over. Enter, the almond butter dipped Oreo. They are double dipped!
How do you guys feel about double dipping? I’m thinking about the Seinfeld skit right now. “Just take one dip and end it!” I’m all about double dipping if I’m in a one-on-one situation, like with my significant other or an immediate family member BUT if I’m at a party, or in some kind of public-dipping situation, I stick to the one dip- I’m not an animal. This really isn’t a recipe, pretty much anyone could figure out how to make these delicious babies but I added a few things that made them a little bit special. For the almond butter dipper, I mixed almond butter with peanut butter, cinnamon and salt. The chocolate was melted semi-sweet. I think semi-sweet is the perfect mix between dark chocolate and milk chocolate, its the best of both worlds! These took a grand total of 20 minutes to make and they look way more fancy than they actual are. Make these for your next get together or make them for your next stay-in-alone-on-the-couch-night because then you don’t have to share.
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon (or less) of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 package of Oreo's
- First, prepare your pan by covering it with parchment paper- this will prevent the gooey mixture from sticking.
- Next, make your almond butter mixture. Mix the almond butter, peanut butter, cinnamon and salt together. Microwave it in 30 second increments until its smooth and dippable.
- Dip the Oreo in the almond butter mixture until they are half way covered. Place them on the parchment paper lined sheet and put in the freezer for 10 mins.
- Next, melt your chocolate by microwaving it 30 seconds at a time until it is smooth and dippable.
- Remove the Oreo's from the freezer and dip them again in the melted chocolate but don't totally submerge them. You want to leave a little bit of the almond butter sticking out of the top so people know that they are double dipped!
- Chill in the fridge for 10 more mins.
- Store in a sealed contained for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.