When you’re best friend turns 30, you make her some cupcakes and when your best friend’s favorite candy is Reeses PB cups, you stuff the cupcakes with PB cups. That’s what we’ve got here.
So, these are definitely NOT from scratch. Though I did make them inside of my home, which *technically* means they are homemade. Lets go with that, HOMEMADE (even though it came from a box.) I’m a big fan of jazzing up store bought cake mixes and brownie mixes. They are so cheap! So easy! And everything is already in the box- you know you’ve got your baking powder, sugar, flour, all mixed together for you so you can skip the whole flour-all-over-the-kitchen-floor-thing.
The trick is baking the brownie cupcakes for 19 mins. NOT A MINUTE MORE, NOT A MINUTE LESS. You want the centers to be kinda gooey and fudge like.
I jazz up the store bought brownie box recipe by replacing the water with coffee. Keep the amounts the same, just swap out one liquid for another. You can’t taste the coffee but it helps bring out the chocolaty flavors and almost deepens the taste in a way. I topped these bad boys with a huge amount of store bought icing out of the can and a PB cup. I just haven’t found a homemade chocolate icing that comes even close to being as good as the store bought stuff.
Happy birthday, Becky!
- 1 box brownie mix of your choice (swap out the water amount of water the recipe calls for, for coffee)
- 1 bag mini PB cups. 6 of them sliced in half for garnish
- 1 can of your favorite chocolate icing
- Prepare the brownie mix following the directions on the back of the box.
- Swap out the water for room temperature coffee (if its too hot you will scramble your eggs.)
- Fill each cupcake cup up ½ of the way. Next place a mini PB cup in each cup. Top with a bit more batter to cover the PB cup.
- Your cupcake cups should be ¾ full at this point.
- Bake for 19 minutes. They should be slightly gooey in the center when you take them out.
- Cool and then ice with your favorite chocolate icing.
- Top with a PB cup.