This is currently my favorite new salad combo. How pretty are those rainbow carrot ribbons?! Insert heart eye emoji here.
I accidentally bought them last week when I decided to try out a new local market. I needed carrots but all they had were these organic, rainbow carrots. At first I had a mini temper tantrum in my head, “GUH why don’t they just have regular carrots?! Why do they only have these fancy, designer carrots??” But then I got them home and peeled them and now i’m hooked. I’m a sucker. They got me again.
I’ve been trying to have a big salad for dinner a few times a week and this dressing is helping make that happen. It’s SO good and the perfect combo of tangy, sweet and savory. You can swap in any vinegar you have on hand and use whatever citrus is your favorite. You could use lemons, limes, grapefruit, or even orange would be delicious! I make a big batch in the beginning of the week and store it in a large mason jar in my fridge.
This salad is super simple and perfect as a starter or as the main course topped with some protein, salmon, I’m looking at you. I put this super simple dressing on top and toss, toss, toss and it’s done.
- 4 cups of shredded kale
- 2 carrots, peeled with a potato peeler
- 2-4 tablespoons of crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced or pressed
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Shred the kale by shopping it into super thin strips.
- Make you carrot ribbons by peeling the entire carrot with a potato peeler. When you can't peel it anymore (i.e. you're thinking you might skin your finger) chop the rest of the carrot into a small dice.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake to combine.
- Top the salad with dressing and toss.
- Finish with your feta!