Happy Monday people. Welcome to it! How are you guys doing? Like, how are you really doing? Are you taking care of yourself and eating your Wheaties and remembering how wonderful you really are? Because you are. I know that to be true. Here are 3 of summer’s most delicious goodies- corn, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes to start your week off right, in case you spent the weekend eating barbecue and Chinese food and now feel like maybe you need to go up a pants size (I may be referring specifically to how I spent my weekend here. Maybe.) This salad will partially cure that.
Can we discuss exactly how we all eat corn. What’s your method? This has been an on going conversation between Michael and I and apparently Food 52 says there are 5 types of corn eaters in this world. I think I am a 1 & 3 according to this picture that they posted. Mike says he is the same. And this salad is a 5:
Not really sure what the difference is between 2 & 4 – they both appear to have been gnawed on by a small child or a small animal. This salad of course requires you to go about eating your corn with method number 5, to Michael’s great disapproval 🙂
However you eat your corn, there is no denying how delicious this salad is. It requires just a few ingredients, tossed together with this house dressing and salt and pepper. I topped mine with shards of Parmesan and fresh basil but you could top it with any cheese your heart desires. Feta, blue, goat! The options are endless!
I hope you have a wonderful week and are enjoying the last bits of summer. Let’s get after it on this Monday!
- 4-6 ears of corn, cooked and removed from the cob
- 2 medium sized cucumbers, chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ¼ cup of red onion, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 cup of house dressing, see previous recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup parm cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Mix corn, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, garlic, house dressing and seasoning together.
- Let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour or over night.
- When ready to serve, give it a toss and then top with fresh basil and the cheese of your choice!